- We will confirm your policy details if queried by a doctor, hospital and/or health service provider who has provided, or will provide, service to you.
- When you are admitted to hospital or attend other health care facilities, personal information which assists in the processing of your claim is provided to us by the hospital or facility. Our agent, Australian Health Service Alliance Ltd manages the transfer of this information. We encourage you to visit the Australian Health Service Alliance website for complete details about how they comply with National Privacy Principles.
- You should advise your spouse and any dependants over the age of 18 years who are included in your health cover of the above information and advise that they can gain access to any personal information we hold about them.
Use, disclosure and storage
We respect the privacy of your personal information and take all reasonable steps to ensure:
- The information collected is used to provide you with the cover requested and in relation to claims
- All personal information is stored securely to prevent misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Information no longer required is destroyed in an appropriate and secure manner
- Personal information collected, used and disclosed is accurate, complete and up to date
- Claim forms contain the appropriate authority to enable collection of such information relevant to the assessment of a claim
Access to your information
Wherever possible you may access your personal information held by CUA Health at any time and authorise the correction of any inaccurate data.