With the first month of cover for free*, there's even more reason to take out health insurance with CUA Health.
Why CUA Health
No one will ever be able to give you a guarantee that you’ll never get sick or have an accident. It’s an unfortunate fact of life that sickness and accidents can occur at any time and that sometimes you may require urgent treatment as a result.
Simply by having CUA Health insurance, you can be secure in the knowledge that you’ll have access to health care - whenever you need it.
CUA Health also provides you with:
- Your choice of doctor or specialist in a public or private hospital.
- Cover for extras such as dental, optical, pharmaceutical and physiotherapy.
Insure? Not sure?
The Private Health Insurance Administration Council (PHIAC) has published a booklet that explains the Australian health system in simple terms. Insure? Not Sure? provides information to help you decide how best to meet your health insurance needs.
How to apply to join in a few simple steps
- Compare our products and choose the right combination for you.
- Make sure you read the important information on your chosen product regarding waiting periods, benefits & exclusions etc.
- Get a premium quote or join online. Alternatively you can apply to join in one of our CUA branches.
- We will confirm your application and forward your new policy holder card and letter to you.
Transferring from another Health Insurer
As products vary between insurers we will contact your previous insurer (with your permission) to obtain a clearance certificate. This information is used to determine any lifetime health cover loading, waiting periods or benefit exclusions you may have. Payment of any claims you make may be delayed until we receive your clearance certificate.
Save money on optical products with CUA Health!
Did you know that CUA Health policy holders can now get discounts on optical products purchased from Australia’s leading optical retail stores?
Cooling off period
CUA Health provides a cooling-off period of 30 days from the commencement date of your policy. To take advantage of the cooling-off period and cancel your policy from the commencement date, you must advise us during the cooling-off period and any premium paid for the policy will be refunded in full, providing a claim has not been made.
Direct debit terms and conditions
- The relevant provisions of the Mutual Banking Code of Practice apply to this service.
- Although the Credit Union will endeavour to effect such regular authorized payments, it accepts no responsibility to make the same, and accordingly the Credit Union shall not incur any liability through any refusal of omission to make all or any of the payments or by reason of late payment or by any omission to follow such instructions.
- This order is subject to any arrangement now subsisting or which may hereafter subsist
- The Credit Union may, in its absolute discretion, conclusively determine the order of priority of payment by it of any monies pursuant to this or any other order or cheque which you have heretofore or may hereafter give to the Credit Union or draw on your account.
- The Credit Union may, in its absolute discretion, terminate this order as to future payments at any time or at any time after being advised by the payee named herein that no further payment is required.
- This order will remain effective for the protection of the credit union in respect of payments made in good faith notwithstanding your death or bankruptcy or the revocation of this order by any other means until notice of your death or bankruptcy or of such revocation is received by the credit union.
- The Credit Union is under no obligation to debit the account on the days nominated and may, at its sole discretion, debit the account on any other day after that nominated as the day debiting the account.
- Policy holders will be notified of any changes to the terms and conditions or fees and charges that are applicable to this service via a notice in a major state newspaper and/or an insert enclosed with their statement and/or a notice in the credit union’s newsletter enclosed with their statement.
- Any request to stop a payment may be required in writing.
- The credit union unilaterally reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Amendments will not be accepted to the payee account details. To amend the payee account details, the current authority must be cancelled and a new authority must be signed advising CUA of the account details.
This website aims to answer your questions about private health insurance by explaining how it works, and who and what is covered. You can also compare policies from different Health Insurers to help you to choose a private health insurance policy that is right for you.
CUA is bound by the NPPs which are ten principles that deal with the obligations of most of the private sector (ie non-government entities) in relation to the collection, use, storage of, and access to personal information of individuals. CUA's forms and procedures are consistent with the NPP's.
*First month free offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is only offered to new CUA Health policy holders who join via CUA directly after 28 February 2013. Offer can be withdrawn at any time.