Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents happen every day. If you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident, try to keep your cool and follow these simple steps.
- If you smell or see leaking petrol, call the fire service on 000 and clear the area
- Do not admit fault or discuss the crash with the other driver(s)
- Do not leave the collision scene until you have exchanged all relevant information with the other driver(s). You need to exchange:
- The name and address of the driver and (if different) the name and address of the owner of each vehicle involved in the accident
- The drivers license number of the driver of each vehicle
- The registration number of each vehicle
- The name of the insurer of each vehicle
- The make, model and colour of each vehicle.
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, speak to them and write down their names and contact details
- If you have a camera, take a picture of the vehicles and the accident scene
- Whether you believe you were at fault or not, report the accident to CGU Insurance by calling 13 15 32. CGU will then advise how to proceed with the claim.
For more information, please call 133 282 between 8am and 8pm AEST Monday to Friday or 8am to 4pm Saturday, or visit your local CUA branch.
Credit Union Australia Ltd ABN 44 087 650 959 AFSL No. 238317 acts as an intermediary for CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371 AFSL No. 238291.
You can get a product disclosure statement (PDS) for this product from any office of CUA or CGU. You should consider the PDS when deciding whether to buy or hold the product.