Mutual banking delivers customer-focused, competitive services. Credit unions, mutual banks and mutual building societies are customer-owned financial institutions committed to putting their customers first. The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice, the code of practice for credit unions, mutual banks and mutual building societies, is an important public expression of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our individual customers and their communities.
The Code includes the following “10 Key Promises” which CUA must act in accordance with:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you;
- We will focus on our customers;
- We will give you clear information about our products and services;
- We will be responsible lenders;
- We will deliver high customer service and standards;
- We will deal fairly with any complaints;
- We will recognise our customers rights as owners;
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations;
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community; &
- We will support and promote the Code of Practice.