At CUA we want you to shine. To help you be your best, we’re committed to providing a collaborative and supportive working environment. We’ll give you the support you need to help balance your career with the things that make your life rich – family, health and doing the things you love.
1. Lifestyle Show more
Our lifestyle benefits focus on your everyday living and life rich moments. These moments could be when on holidays or shopping for gifts or everyday items such as clothing, technology or books.
- Employee Discount Program - CUA Advantage offers more than 350 genuine discounts and deals especially for you. From holidays to clothing, mobiles to books and everyday shopping like groceries and petrol, you could save thousands of dollars when you make purchases via this program.
- Qantas Club discounted membership rates for CUA employees and their family members.
- Flexible leave options available for if you’re moving house or completing study. Plus you have the option to cash out accrued leave or purchase up to two weeks additional leave each year.
- Flexible work arrangements are available to all employees at all stages of life - whether you are an experienced employee seeking a better work/life balance, transitioning to retirement or a parent returning to work, there are a range of options to suit you.
2. Family Show more
Your career may need to be balanced with family life and managing this balance can prove both rewarding and challenging. We ensure you're supported to achieve your career aspirations and enjoy your personal life by offering a range of family-friendly leave options.
- Parental leave we offer paid leave for both mums and dads who are welcoming a new arrival. This is in addition to the government paid parental leave. We also pay compulsory superannuation on CUA paid parental leave.
- Family and emergency leave for those times when you need to support someone in your immediate family through illness, injury or in an emergency.
3. Financial Show more
We are pleased to offer a range of financial benefits for CUA products.
- Insurance and financial product discounts for our range of health insurance, general and travel insurance, everyday banking accounts and home loans.
- Salary packaging through our partner Remserv for cars, disability/income protection or financial adviser fees and more.
- Employee referral program offering an introduction fee for recommending a talented job applicant to join CUA.
- Financial planning for CUA employees with Bridges Financial Services and includes a thorough complimentary initial consultation.
4. Professional Show more
We offer many professional opportunities at CUA and we believe that everyone is a leader; you can lead yourself by being a professional contributor or you can lead others.
- Learning and development aims to empower our people with the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to work as a team and deliver on our mission.
- Study assistance and exam leave is available for employees who are undertaking further education and study.
- Professional Association memberships are supported with CUA contributing toward annual expenses.
5. Community Show more
We care about our communities and are always seeking ways to create opportunities for our team to make positive contributions.
- Community Days provide three days of paid leave each year to participate in a community activity, charity, or worthy cause in line with CUA's Mutual Good Strategy
- Community services leave is available for volunteer community services including jury duty, army reserves service or voluntary emergency management activity.
- CUA Community fosters positive social change by supporting community organisations, programs and charity projects. We are passionate in community activities and we encourage members to take up the challenge to join us in changing lives for the better.
6. Health and wellbeing Show more
Our strong family, health and wellbeing values drives our focus on benefits that simply help you take care of yourself.
- Flu vaccinations for improved health during winter.
- Safe work week in October is an annual event where we highlight the practical ways we can improve safety health and wellbeing at CUA.
- R U OK? Day empowers and encourages all Australians to ask 'are you ok?' and respond sensitively and appropriately if someone says 'no'. Asking R U OK? can go a long way to making a team member or colleagues 'life rich'.
- Employee assistance program offers access to counselling services to voluntarily and confidentially assist with resolving any issues that may be impacting quality of life.
- Global Corporate Challenge is a global movement encouraging and supporting participants across the full year to improve overall health and wellbeing. This begins with a challenge to move 10,000 steps a day for 16 weeks. At CUA we get behind our teams competing in this positive event.
CUA's reward and recognition framework acknowledges individuals, teams and the organisation for achieving great things in line with our values and our performance goals.
Our reward and recognition framework has been designed to provide flexibility and discretion for our leaders to recognise and reward their teams, and employees to recognise and thank their colleagues in a meaningful way.
As all our roles and individual preferences vary, there is a multifaceted approach to recognising and rewarding our people as well as celebrating special events at CUA.
On the Spot
- Our 'On the Spot' reward and recognition includes e-cards and Instant Awards. These are quick and easy ways to show our appreciation for each other and provide flexibility to leaders in recognising an individual or team.
- Our 'Values Awards' reward individuals or teams for consistently demonstrating CUA's values
- Our 'Corporate Events' are aimed at recognising and rewarding all areas of the business through Our Briefing information sessions, Top Performers awards to recognise outstanding performance and a Family Day out for our CUA families.
- Our 'Milestones' are there to support our people through life’s journey by recognising service milestones showing our support through significant life milestones.