Some things just naturally fit together.
Like coffee in the mornings, or summer at the beach, we think your savings and everyday accounts are made for each other. That’s why our eSaver Reward account is designed to be managed alongside a CUA everyday account and reward you for making CUA your main bank. Qualifying for bonus interest can be as easy as switching your salary (deposit of $1,000 or more each month) to your CUA everyday account.
How does it work?
Your CUA everyday account
Deposit $1,000 or more each month
From an external account (i.e. your salary)
Your CUA eSaver Reward
Earn up to
Balances up to $100,000
0.05% base rate + 1.65% rate bonus interest*
Why bundle your Everyday and eSaver Reward account?
There are many great benefits to making CUA your main bank and managing your CUA everyday account and eSaver Reward account together in one place.
Access your money and keep your interest Show content
Boost your savings Show content
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I qualify for bonus interest? Show content
You can earn bonus interest on your eSaver Reward account balances up to $100,000 (the proportion of your account balance over $100,000 will earn the base rate of interest).
We determine whether you're eligible for bonus interest by looking at the deposits made into your everyday account(s) during the month. Each month a total of $1,000 (or more) needs to be deposited via direct bank transfer from an external (non-CUA) account into one of your everyday accounts.
This can be either:
- A single deposit of $1,000 (or more); or
- A number of deposits made during the month that equal or exceed $1,000.
Please remember that internal transfers from other CUA accounts and cash or cheque deposits do not qualify toward earning bonus interest.
Which everyday account do I need? Show content
To be able to qualify for bonus interest on your eSaver Reward you must also have a CUA everyday account.
You can open a everyday account or use an existing everyday account. Any of the following everyday accounts can be used for your regular deposit:
- Everyday Youth
- Everyday 50+
- Everyday 55+
- Everyday Business
- Prime Access
- Freedom Plus
- Platinum Plus
Do I need to link my eSaver Reward account to an everyday account? Show content
No. We will automatically consider all types of everyday accounts held under your name (i.e. using your Customer Number) and work out if any qualify you for bonus interest on your eSaver Reward. Only one of your everyday accounts needs to meet the criteria of $1,000 deposited each month and the bonus interest will be applied to your eSaver Reward.
How many eSaver Reward accounts can I have? Show content
We have a limit of one eSaver Reward Account per customer.
Can I access the money in my eSaver Reward Account and keep my bonus interest? Show content
Yes you can. The eSaver Reward is flexible allowing you to take out money when you need it without losing your bonus interest. The bonus interest is based on deposits made into your everyday account.
Can I open an eSaver Reward Account in joint names? Show content
You can have an eSaver Reward Account in one name or in joint names. Keep in mind that each customer can only be an account owner for one eSaver Reward Account, as either a primary or a secondary account holder.
CUA eSaver Reward + Everyday Account bundle
- You must be a permanent resident of Australia to open a CUA eSaver Reward
- You also need to hold any one of our everyday accounts and meet bonus conditions to qualify for bonus interest on your eSaver Reward account
Open an account
Important information Show content
Rates current as at 7 July 2020 and subject to change.
Your needs and financial circumstances have not been taken into account. Terms and conditions are available on application. Other fees and charges may apply. A General Information, Terms & Conditions brochure and Schedule of Fees are available online or from your local CUA branch. You should read both these documents before deciding whether to purchase this product, issued by CUA.
* Rate current as at 7 July 2020 and is subject to change. Interest rate of 1.70% p.a. comprises a base interest rate of 0.05% p.a. plus bonus interest of 1.65% p.a.. Bonus interest only applies to balances up to $100,000 when you deposit a total of $1,000 or more each month by bank transfer from an external (non-CUA) account into your CUA everyday transaction account. The CUA everyday transaction accounts that are eligible to receive the monthly deposit are the Everyday, Everyday Snap, Everyday Youth, Everyday 50+, Everyday 55+, Everyday Business, Prime Access, Freedom Plus and Platinum Plus Accounts. The base rate of interest will be paid on the portion of any balance exceeding $100,000. Interest is calculated daily on whole balances and paid monthly.