Your personal information is collected by Credit Union Australia Ltd ABN 44 087 650 959 (“we”, “us”, “our”).
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information from you and, in some cases, from third parties, such as joint account or policy holders and brokers. When you apply for a product or service (or as soon as practicable afterwards), we will give you a separate notice setting out other ways we collect your personal information specific to that product or service. We may also collect your personal information from other CUA Group companies. The CUA Group is comprised of Credit Union Australia Limited, CUA Health Limited and Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd.
Why we collect your personal information
We use your personal information to provide you with products and services, maintain our relationship with you, conduct research and development, provide shared services to other CUA Group companies whose products or services you request, and keep you informed about products and services issued or distributed by the CUA Group. We are also required under various laws, including anti-money laundering legislation, to collect certain personal information about you before we can provide some of our products and services.
If you do not provide us with all of the information that we request, we may be unable to provide you with membership or a product or service.
Other entities with which we share your personal information
We disclose your personal information to third parties including:
* our agents, assignees or contractors;
* service providers such as organisations which we use to verify your identity, IT software and/or support providers, mailing houses, research consultants, accountants, lawyers and auditors;
* government agencies such as taxation authorities, police, Centrelink and AUSTRAC as required or authorised by law;
* courts and external dispute resolution schemes;
*social media sites and organisations (e.g. Facebook) and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information; and
* other companies within the CUA Group.
We also distribute products issued by third parties. We may disclose your personal information to third parties depending on the products or services you request. We will tell you who they are when you apply for that product or service or as soon as practicable afterwards. You should refer to the third party’s privacy statement and policy in relation to how they handle your personal information.
Some of our service providers to which we disclose your personal information are located overseas. Please refer to the CUA Group APP Privacy & Credit Information Policy for a list of the countries where they are located.
More information about how we handle your personal information is in the CUA Group APP Privacy & Credit Information Policy, available at www.cua.com.au. This policy contains information about:
* how you can access personal information that we hold about you;
* what to do if you think personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
* what to do if you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will handle your complaint.
Queries can be referred to our Privacy Dispute Officer by emailing email@example.com, telephoning (07) 3552 4744, or writing to GPO Box 100, Brisbane QLD 4001