“CUA Health $10,000” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is CUA Health Ltd ABN 98 098 685 459 (CHL) of 145 Ann Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, telephone 1300 499 260 (“Promoter” or “CUA Health”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over, who are not an existing CUA Health policyholder and are otherwise eligible to hold a CUA Health policy.
- Employees, contractors and consultants (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 4/03/2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 12/05/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To receive an automatic entry, eligible individuals must during the Promotional Period either:
(a) complete an online CUA Health insurance quote form at cua.com.au/health-insurance and email a quote to themselves through the ‘Email Quote’ function on the form. Contact information provided in the quote form must be accurate for the entry to be eligible; or
(b) have a CUA Health insurance quote completed and emailed to them via a CUA branch or the CUA call centre.
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per eligible individual regardless of the number of quotes obtained during the Promotional Period in excess of one (1).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- There will be one (1) draw conducted at the end of the Promotional Period from all valid entries received. The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on 17/05/2019 at 3:00pm AEST.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at www.facebook.com/CUA from 23/05/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, they will also have their name published in The Advertiser on 30/05/2019.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn by random selection will receive $10,000 via EFT to their nominated account.
- Total prize pool value is $10,000. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed may take place on 19/08/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if one is required, will be notified by telephone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at www.facebook.com/CUA from 26/08/2019. In the event of a winner from SA, they will also have their name published in The Advertiser on 02/09/2019.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“on-Excludable GuaranteesN”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of the prize.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/ 31641. ACT Permit No. TP19/ 02622. SA Permit No. T19/ 132