Samsung Pay is easy to set up, and you can make payments in a matter of seconds anywhere^ you would normally pay with your CUA Visa Debit Card.
Your payment information isn’t stored on your device or shared with retailers.
When you pay, every transaction is authenticated by your fingerprint, iris scanner* or device passcode.
Add your loyalty cards
Slim down your wallet by adding your favourite loyalty cards to Samsung Pay so you can access them whenever and wherever✝.
The benefits of paying with Samsung Pay and CUA
How to get Samsung Pay with CUA
Using your CUA Visa Debit Card
|Open the Samsung Pay app and sign in your Samsung ID.|
|Register your fingerprint and device passcode which you'll use to authorise payments
If you have a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ you can also scan your irises for iris authentication.
|Scan or enter your CUA Visa Debit Card details.|
|Verify your card details and enter the verification code.|
How to pay in stores and online using Samsung Pay
How to pay with Samsung Pay
- Start Samsung Pay by either swiping-up from the home button or opening the Samsung Pay app from the home screen.
- Select your CUA Visa Debit Card by swiping left or right.
- Enter your pin or verify your fingerprint before touching your phone to the retailer’s payment reader. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ smartphone you can authorize the payment using the Iris scanner.
Using Samsung Gear smartwatch:
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay.
- Select your CUA Visa Debit Card by swiping left or right, or by rotating the watch’s bezel to select a card.
- Tap on the Pay button to make payment.
- Place the top crown of your Gear smartwatch near retailer’s payment reader.
Paying on the web:
To pay on the web where Samsung Pay is available, select Samsung Pay as the payment method during checkout and then authenticate with your fingerprint, iris scan, or a PIN.
A CUA Everyday Account: Samsung Pay and a whole lot more
No monthly feesWith $0 monthly account fees you can keep your money for the things that matter to you.
Free everyday transactionsWe won’t charge you for everyday card purchases, cash out in store or withdrawals at over 10,000 ATMs across Australia.
Switch your salaryOur switching made simple guide will help you move your salary and other regular payments to your new CUA Everyday Account.
Manage your moneyBank how and when it suits you with CUA Online Banking, the CUA Mobile Banking app and our Australia-based call centre.
Frequently asked questions about Samsung Pay
Which Samsung devices are compatible with Samsung Pay?is-collapsed Show content
Samsung Pay will initially launch on the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Gear S2, Gear S3 and new flagship models like the Galaxy S8 and S8+.
How do I add my CUA Visa Debit Card to Samsung Pay?is-collapsed Show content
You can load the following cards to Samsung Pay:
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Pay.
- Touch ADD or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch Add a credit card or debit card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date. Note: Touch ‘Enter card manually’ if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Please verify the information captured by the camera.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP) or by calling us on 1800 857 959.
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Enter your signature like you would sign on the back of your card and touch SAVE. Note: If you are unsatisfied with your signature, touch Retry to sign again.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
- After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by Visa and CUA. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. Note: You can continue to add cards while others are being verified.
- After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase
How many payment cards can I add to Samsung Pay? is-collapsed Show content
You can add up to 10 payment cards to Samsung Pay.
How many loyalty cards can I register into Samsung Pay?is-collapsed Show content
You can add as many loyalty cards as you want; however, only a total of 12 cards (loyalty, debit and credit cards) can be displayed by Samsung Pay when using Simple Pay. You may select which debit, credit and loyalty cards you would like to access with Simple Pay by selecting More, Settings, Edit Simple Pay.
Where can I use Samsung Pay?is-collapsed Show content
Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transaction (MST) support means that Samsung Pay is accepted virtually anywhere you can pay by tapping or swiping your card. MST technology means Samsung Pay can be used almost everywhere around the globe.
Is there a transaction limit when using Samsung Pay? is-collapsed Show content
Yes, the transaction limits that apply to Samsung Pay are the same as your CUA Visa Debit Card. For transaction over $100 you will be asked to enter your card PIN in to the retailer’s terminal.
How do I return an item purchased with Samsung Pay in stores?is-collapsed Show content
All purchases made with Samsung Pay can be returned according to the store’s policies. If you return an item paid for with Samsung Pay, the store may require you to tap your phone onto either the card reader or the NFC reader to complete the return.
Is Samsung Pay secure?is-collapsed Show content
Samsung Pay uses Tokenisation, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. Additionally, you verify either using your fingerprint, Iris scanner (Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ devices only) or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases. For more details on Samsung Pay security features visit www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay/
How is my default card determined in Samsung Pay? is-collapsed Show content
There is not a default card in Samsung Pay. When you open the app or activate the Simple Pay feature by swiping up from the Home Key on supported screens, the first card displayed is either the last card you registered or the last card you viewed or used.
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen? is-collapsed Show content
You should contact us straight away on 133 282 so the lost or stolen card can be cancelled and no further purchases made. You should also delete the lost or stolen card from Samsung Pay.
- Open Samsung Pay and select the card you want to delete.
- Tap Delete card from the More menu.
- Confirm deletion by verifying with your fingerprint.
What should I do if my device is lost or stolen?is-collapsed Show content
If your device is lost or stolen, you can use Samsung’s Find My Mobile service to remotely Lock or Wipe your device (also Locking or Wiping Samsung Pay and all the payment cards registered in it). If you just want to suspend your CUA Visa Debit Card temporarily, login to Samsung Find My Mobile service and suspend your card. Please note your physical CUA Visa Debit Card can continue to be used.