In this privacy notice, “we”, “us”, “our” means Credit Union Australia Limited, CUA Management Pty Ltd and Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd (“CUA”).
How we collect your personal information
We collect information directly from you and from third parties. Those third parties are listed below. Every time you apply for a product or service we’ll let you know what information we need and who we will collect it from.
Why we collect your personal information
We use your information to identify you, assess your credit worthiness, set up and manage your membership, accounts and relationship with CUA (including related rewards and insurance programs) and to undertake research and development. In many instances, collection of your information is required by law, for example, under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006, the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 and the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009. Without collecting your information we may not be able to provide you with our products.
We also use your information for other purposes, including keeping you informed about products and services issued or distributed by CUA and trusted third parties.
Who we share your information with
We may collect and disclose your personal information with third parties including:
- Our agents, assignees and contractors
- Our service providers including those used for identity verification, software/IT support, account management (including payments), mailing material to you, member and product research and accounting, legal and audit services
- Your referees, employers and tax agents
- Government agencies when required or authorised by law
- Courts and dispute resolution schemes
- CUA Group entities
- Credit reporting bodies and other credit providers (including second mortgagees)
- Managers and funding providers of securitisation facilities
- Insurers and re-insurers for policies taken out through CUA
- Organisations involved in the administration of our rewards programs
- Debt collection agencies, settlement agencies and valuers
- Guarantors and joint-borrowers
- Other organisations with your consent
We also share limited information, such as your email address, with data aggregators and analysts (including social media and virtual community providers). This helps us provide you with more personalised and timely communications. If you’re uncomfortable with this, please let us know and we won’t use or share your information in this way.
Further information and notifiable matters
- how you can access your information;
- how you can correct information you believe to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- credit reporting including the name and contact details of credit reporting bodies to which we disclose your information, the types of information we disclose and your rights in relation to that information;
- what to do if you believe that we have breached the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code, and how we will handle your complaint; and
- information about our rights and your rights in respect of your credit information (including in respect of default, access and correction, direct marketing and fraud).